About TESST College of Technology
TESST College of Technology began offering instruction in electronics in 1957 as TESST Technology Institute. The campus was located in Hyattsville, Maryland. In December 1992, TESST expanded its reach in the Baltimore market by acquiring the Arundel Institute of Technology. In the summer of 1998, the Hyattsville and Baltimore campuses relocated to brand-new, high-tech buildings in Beltsville and Towson, Maryland.
In 1999, TESST acquired RETS Technical Training Center, which had been offering classes in Maryland since 1956. In June 2001, TESST Technology Institute received approval to offer associate of applied science degrees in network information systems and electronics, computer, and telecommunications technology. All campuses then became known as TESST College of Technology.
In May 2002, the College was acquired by Quest Education Corporation, a subsidiary of Kaplan, Inc. In December 2002, Quest changed its name to Kaplan Higher Education Corporation. In March 2004, the campus expanded by adding a 6,800-square-foot facility located at 3922 Vero Road, less than a mile from the campus. Kaplan, Inc. is dedicated to continuing the same excellent education for which TESST is known.